Monday, November 13, 2006

Another year, another step closer to 40....


37.

Hmm, I don't know if that sounds old or not. I especially didn't think that I would be having my first child at 37. But, I guess as the saying goes, "good things come to those who wait" is very true in my life.

I had a good day. Mike made a great dinner, chicken ceasar salad, one of my favourites. I got a step mom card from Victoria, AND a mommy card from the baby! So sweet, that husband of mine. Guess I'll keep him.

Best of all, we had a OB appointment today and got to hear the amazing sound of the baby's heartbeat again. Things are progressing right on target with the baby. Next month is the dreaded glucose test to check for gestational diabetes. Here's hoping for a passing grade.

After the results from that test, I will be able to better plan when my maternity leave will start, and when I can plan my last 2 weeks of vacation. After all, although March 3 sounds like it's still a ways away, really its only 3 short months until the end of February....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh!

No comments: