
Wow.
Looking over the posts I have made in this blog, I realize that I am quite the exclamation-mark abuser. I didn't really notice this until someone pointed out how many times I use exclamation marks in everyday correspondence. I found this article on the internet about the misuse of exclamation marks:
The saying, "Less is more" rings true in the case of exclamation marks. One will suffice for almost any occasion, and forming a small army of exclamation marks to attack your reader with excruciating force is entirely unnecessary. Another appropriate analogy would be the boy who cried exclamation mark. If you use it all the time then people will begin to realize that you really don't have anything to exclaim. They will probably assume you have become addicted to their use and can't stop. What kind of person has so much exuberance bubbling from them that everything they say is an exclamation?
Sigh. I will have to think of a new way to express my emotions. Until then, here is one last hurrah....
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment