Well, today Mike and I got to spend 5 hours in the birthing unit at the hospital.
I went down to the basement this morning to get something out of the freezer, and on the way back up the stairs, I tripped, hit my head on the wall, and landed on my abdomen. I was a little stunned from hitting my head so hard on the wall, but I was most concerned about the baby.
Off we went to the ER.
They sent me up to the birthing unit, and right away they put the doppler on me to check the heartbeat. It took a few tries to get it (although it always does with me,) but then we heard it loud and clear. The OB that was on call at the hospital came in to see us, and told us that I would be staying there for at least 4 hours, to have bloodwork done and so that they could check on things, as she was concerned that there might be a problem with the plancenta, or the mixing of the baby's blood and my blood, especially since I am on blood thinners. So we got to listen to the heartbeat the whole time we were there. It was really kind of cool, cause we could hear everytime he kicked, or moved the slightest bit. (This was especially neat for Mike, as he hasn't been able to "feel" the baby kick.)
So after being there from 9-1:30, we got the all clear to go home, with strict instructions to rest, and to let someone else go to the basement from now on!!
Tuesday, January 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment