Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Seven Months?!





Wow. Seven months have passed since this little boy came into our world and turned it upside down! We are having the best time with him, he is such a happy little fellow! He loves his food, he has tried the following foods in the past month, and loved every single one of them:

sweet potatoes **
squash
green beans
peas **
waxed beans
carrots **

peaches ** frozen, in mesh feeder
pears **
mango **
nectarines **
apples **
bananas ** in mesh feeder
prunes

turkey

Farley cookies - in mesh feeder, he LOVES these!

( ** means what I have been making myself. I am trying my hardest to make all of Gabriel's food myself, but i do buy the odd jar of organic baby food to have on hand here and there)

Lets see, Gabriel weighs 20 lbs now, and is 27 3/4 inches. He loves books. I got him a new book at Costco yesterday, called On the Night You Were Born. I meant to get this book for him a long time ago, but now we have it. It is a beautifully illustrated book, and the story is so nice. I think I am going to go back and get a few to put away for shower gifts.
He is trying his hardest to crawl, he can get up on all fours, and rocks away, but he can't grasp the idea that he needs to move his hands forward! His little legs move, but not his hands. It's funny to watch. He does spin around in circles while lying on his tummy, though! He loves to pull himself up to a standing position while holding onto anyone's hands.

1 comment:

Cara said...

What a big boy! It goes fast.

I want to go to Costco now. I've never heard of that book, but we are enjoying the ones we do have.